The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help achieve positive patient care outcomes.
- Graduate of an approved practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- One (1) year nursing experience. Community health/home health experience is preferred.
- Current licensure in State, CPR certification and valid driver’s license.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of the Agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse assumes responsibility for, but is not restricted to:
- Providing services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care
- Patient, caregiver, and family counseling
- Patient and caregiver education
- Preparing clinical notes
- Communication with the registered nurse and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care
- Participation in the Agency’s QAPI program
- Participation in agency-directed in-service training
- Implements current nursing practice following the plan of care.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of Agency services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the care team.
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic technique.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates and documents patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse/supervisor.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.